November 2, 2021
Kawamura International has developed a Slack integration feature that translates Slack messages posted in chat using its cloud-based machine translation service Kawamura NMT. Slack is a popular business communication platform used worldwide.
Introducing the Kawamura NMT Slack App
- With the Kawamura NMT app, Slack users can translate their messages into a selected language on any channel on a workspace.
- Messages posted by users are sent to Kawamura NMT and return to the channel after translated into the selected language.
- Kawamura NMT is a cloud-based service managed and operated by Kawamura International that runs on servers located in Japan. Since it does not store any of the users' original messages or translation results, users can safely translate confidential information exchanged within the channels.
Pricing and Language Support
- Initial fee 110,000 yen (tax included)
- Monthly fee 5,500 yen (tax included)
- Language Support:
- Japanese <=> English
- Japanese or English <=> Chinese (simplified/traditional), Korean, and more
(74 language pairs are available including major Asian and European languages)
Slack app uses Kawamura NMT's generic engine
How it works
To start using the app, users need to set it up in their Slack workspace.
- Create a bot, mention the created bot, enter the abbreviation of the language pair, and enter your message.
- The bot returns the translation results.
If you have any questions or want to know more about this feature, feel free to reach out to us.